Monday, July 4, 2011

The Bonneville Salt Flats

And there I was.  It was 7 PM, and the sun was setting.  I wanted to get a few pictures, but the sun was glaring off the sand.  Every time I have gone through Utah it has always been night.  However, this time it was finally daytime as I drove through the Bonneville Salt Flats. 

I will always remember the first time I drove through Bonneville.  It was nighttime, but a full moon was out.  The salt sparkled like a million diamonds for miles and miles.  There was just me, the moon, and the biggest sandbox I had ever seen out at that time of night.

I vowed to make sure I took pictures the next time I drive through Bonneville.  And that's what I did.  Even though it was not a great time to take the best pictures, I did the best I could. 









You can see the long shadows from the sun setting in the West.  I took these pictures on July 1, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment