Friday, June 10, 2011

Chicks Dig High Profile Vehicles.... Like Dragons.

I just finished watching "How To Train Your Dragon" a few days ago.  I have to admit.  I love it.  It could be the best kids movie since "The Lion King," and "Aladdin."  The one thing that really stood out was the all the different types of dragons.  But having the Night Fury as the ultimate dragon was a great choice.  Why?  Well, let's look at Toothless the Night Fury.



Cute?  Oh yes, but there is something else.  Let's look at a wider picture of Toothless.



At first I couldn't figure it out.  I knew that Toothless looked like something familiar, but then it hit me as I was driving down the street.  He looked like a Pontiac Trans Am.



It's true!  I saw a 90's Trans Am, and it all clicked.  Toothless was Hiccup's Pontiac.  Here's another shot of Toothless.



And here's a supped up Trans Am:



This all makes sense now.  The one way Hiccup was able to get the hot blonde girl was to get the most supped up, powerful dragon.  It would be no different if I were to ride up in the Trans Am pictured above, and cruise through Ybor City.  All the hot blonde girls (and the hot, fake blonde girls) would totally be digging my ride. 

So "How To Train Your Dragon" was about friendship, getting along, and a lot of kid friendly ideas.  But in reality it told the story of a guy getting a supped up ride, and getting the hot girl to like him.  Again, I said I really liked the movie.  And now you know why.

1 comment:

  1. Toothless reminds me of Airwolf! I loved that helicopter. Odd for a girl maybe. But the sound effect made it even more appealing and flight sequences for Toothless along with his sound effect bring me back to Airwolf.

    ReplyDelete