Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Ongoing Baritone/ Tele/ Cello Project, Part 3

So today was the day I took the clamps off the Tele body.  I gave the glue 60 hours to dry just to be sure.  It came out pretty good.  There was only one spot that needed a little filling in.  I then spent a few hours cutting the body out, and sanding.






I am ever so thankful for my spindel sander and my hand sander.  It makes the sanding job so much easier.  If you have noticed I did not cut out the top.  That's because I need to route out the neck pocket.  It is easier to do that when the wood is squared up.  Once the neck pocket is routed out I will be able to continue cutting out the body.



This is a shot of the side.  The maple cap makes a natural binding around the body.  The Pau Ferro body has two colors in it.  That's because part of it is the heartwood, and the other is the sapwood.




One this has some stain and lacquer on it, it will really pop.




Here is a better view of where I have to put the neck pocket.  Once I have my new routing bit I will continue with the neck pocket.  But for now, I am very happy with the building process.

No comments:

Post a Comment