Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Fishy Steak Sauce?

First off, I love to grill.  Like all grillmasters I have a few secret recipes.  A few of these involve Worcestershire sauce.  Namely steak and steak related items.

A friend was over, and I was wondering if he was going to be staying for dinner.  The problem with that is he is severely allergic to MSG.  He will get an immediate headache if any just touches his tongue.  Yes, he is that sensitive. 

So I took a look at my Lea and Perrin's bottle, and was surprised at what I saw.



No, not that side, but the other side of the bottle.  Look under ingredients. 


CONTAINS ANCHOVIES?

CONTAINS ANCHOVIES!!!!????!!!!!

WTF??????

My steak sauce is in reality, "fish sauce?"  What the?  How did this happen?  What do Phillip J. Fry (from Futurama) think about this? 

I am going to have to re-evaluate my taste buds and what I use in my cooking. 

On a side note, I wonder if Worcestershire sauce is extinct in the year 3000?  Futurama fans will know what I'm talking about. 

On a second side note it seems that I didn't find any MSG in the sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment