Friday, May 17, 2013

A Southern Man Needs A Place to Put His Drink

I am continuing my work on my girlfriend Lili's house.  I was extremely happy with the work I did on the porch/ porchsteps.  But there was one problem with the 2X4 rail I installed.  You couldn't put a drink on it. 


The outside chair sits right next to the rail.  And there's no where to put your drink.  I mean, you can put a drink on the rail, but there's a real chance it's going to fall off.  Check out this picture.

 
So I measured the length, cut up some treated yellawood, and clamped it into place.


I've found that it's like having a few extra sets of hands.  And strong hands to boot.  I'm now all about using clamps to hold things in place while I drill them.  So this is the outcome.


Let's see just how much room that glass has.


Beautiful!  Now I won't have to worry about not having a place to put my drink.  And soon, all that lumber that I have built/installed will be getting a primer and paint job.  Stay tuned for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment