Saturday, October 6, 2012

Guitar Project #7, The Rosewood Telecaster, Part 3

For Part 1:  http://angjellockheart.blogspot.com/2012/05/guitar-project-7-rosewood-telecaster.html

For Part 2:  http://angjellockheart.blogspot.com/2012/05/guitar-project-7-rosewood-telecaster_26.html

So to make a long story short, I finally completed the Rosewood Telecaster.  I'll explain how I did it while posting pictures of my work.

First off, here's the body after routing and shaping.  I got it nice and sanded down.



Next I used Z-poxy to fill the grain.  This really helped one place on the back that had a hallow place in it.


Then I sanded down the Z-poxy.  Sidenote:  It really sands down nicely.


Then I put on the Tru Oil.



After sanding and buffing I had this:



Next, it was time to assemble the guitar. 


I had to use a different bridge pickup than I would have liked, but I will change this one out later.


Here's the shot of the back.


Overall not too bad.  There's a couple of places that I could have done better.  I am going to change the one pickup out when I have the chance/money.  Oh, I also need a strap as I have locking tuners.  So it's playable, but not completely done yet.  But I guess it's close enough for jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment