Sunday, August 5, 2012

You Are Only Limited By Your Dreams

You are only limited by your dreams.  But unfortunately for me, my dreams are limited by my brain.  But let me start at the beginning. 

I was having a dream.  My Dad and I were out hog hunting.  There were hogs everywhere, and I mean everywhere.  There must have been over a hundred just within shooting distance.


So my Dad takes the first shot, and takes out a hog.  He then hands the gun to me.  I don't know why I didn't have my gun with me, but he hands me his Remington .308.


I lollygag with my first shot, and miss.  I then get serious, and hit a hog with my second shot (third shot overall.)  I then put it down with the next shot.  I move on to another hog, and hit it.  

I then aim carefully for another hog, and then, "click."  Why did the gun go click?  Because in real life my Dad's gun only holds five shots.  So of course in my dream it only holds five shots.  Because in my mind, the gun has to, it absolutely has to have only five shots because that's what it does in real life.  Oh, and here's the funny thing.  All the hogs had tusks like elephants.  


Believe it or not, the hog pictured above is kinda tame compared to the hogs in my dream.  That's right, they were all savage wild looking things.

So let's recap.  The gun is limited to five shots because anything else would just be wrong.  However, the hogs can look like something from ages gone by, and that's okay.  

Sometimes I really hate my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment