Friday, July 13, 2012

Vacation Day: The Arts and Crafts Festival at Ripley, W.V., Part 1

My vacation to West Virginia was lousy.  All except for one day.  That was the day that I visited the Arts and Crafts Festival in West Virginia.  90% of the crafts there were handmade one at a time.  Due to having no money I didn't buy anything.  But I did take lots of pictures.  I figured it would make a good blog.

This tractor was attached to a corn meal making machine.  It was kind of neat.



Here's some video of it, so you can see how it works.




This guy liked dead animals.





Oh look, it's a Buckeye butterfly.


I should get a tattoo of this butterfly on my stomach where my scar is.


This is a nice painting.  It won a ribbon.  I gotta say, I wish I could paint like this.


Here's some quilts that won ribbons too.



And a dulcimer.



And some woodturned bowls.



This was a sweet bench.


Here's some framed prints.  They were quite nice.


This was a super cool turned bowl.  It won a ribbon too.



Here's a neat idea.  Want your house to look like it has overgrown mushrooms growing in your front yard?  Well, buy a few of these.




That's it for now.  Stay tuned to parts two and three.

No comments:

Post a Comment