Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Adrian Gets Depressed, Buys Yet Another Guitar

So after I came back from the Doctor's office I looked over the Craigslist musical instrument sales.  Most of the time is it just to insult the overpriced, crappy stuff.  However, I saw something that interested me.  An Ibanez Artcore archtop guitar. 

To make a long story short, the guitar costs $399 on sale at Musicians Friend.  The TKL case costs $89.00 there.  So figure $500 for the guitar and case.  I bought the total package for $180.00.  The guitar didn't have a scratch on it.  It still had the foam under the bridge.  In fact, it still had the original strings on it.  I almost worried that the guitar would burn my fingers when I touched it.  But, the guy who sold to me bought it to learn to play guitar, and never had the time to learn.  He wanted it gone today, and had it priced to sell today.  Well, I bought it, so it sold today.

The funny thing is that I hadn't bought a guitar in a while.  It's true.  But, since I almost died, and 35 is just around the corner, I figure a mid-life crisis purchase is needed.  And a guitar is much cheaper and less deadly than a motorcycle.  I have to fend off depression any way I can.

Once I brought it home, I set it up, changed the strings, and changed the pickups to Schaller pickups.  It is an amazing guitar.  It plays better than a lot of more expensive guitars I have played.  I am used to playing a lot of Epiphone archtops, and this ranks right up there with the best of them. 

I was aiming to take this amazing guitar to Sacred Grounds Coffeehouse open mic night, but due to the medication I am taking I can't drive there.  But next week I am definately going to take her there.  They say money can't buy happiness, but have you ever seen a sad guitarist with a new guitar?  No you have not. 


No comments:

Post a Comment