Saturday, February 26, 2011

Destruction for Miter Saws

April 15, 2008

Current mood:grumpy

So when I ended up destroying the extension block for my electric cello, it also seems I destroyed the blade on the miter saw.  Everything happened so fast, but I believe that when the blade grabbed the maple block, it caught it, twisted the blade, and then cracked the block all at the same time.  I'm not sure if the miter saw is ok, or if I'm going to have to get a new one.

This whole project has been 2 steps forward, 2 steps back.  It seems like I can't get any progress made at all.  I either need new, speciallized tools, or some weird thing breaks, or a measurement is done wrong.  Oh, and I can't forget that some of my templates have gone missing, and now I need new ones.  I'm seriously thinking that it's going to be next year before this project is finished.

I did buy some purpleheart and African blackwood to use as inlay material for this project.  I got to thinking that, yes it would look nice, but it will also extend the project by several months.  I think that yes, one should do their best on a project like this, but when is enough, enough?  While it's true that I'm only going to make one of these in my lifetime, I would like to complete it before I die.  I don't want to have kids just for the purpose of them having to inherit this mad quest of finishing their father's crazy electric cello project.

No comments:

Post a Comment