Saturday, February 26, 2011

Destruction for Diesel Fuel, Part 2

June 26, 2008

Current mood:confident

So I have just completed my third day at Roadmaster Driving School, and it is quickly becoming apparent that I am in the early running for Valedictorian.  Note: there are a total of 5 people in my night class including me.  Today we crammed in a whole 90 minutes of work into five hours.  Well let me correct that.  It was 90 Adrian minutes of work.  For others it was 4 hours.

Let me explain.  For the first hour we reviewed log books, and then we took the test.  It took me about 7 minutes to complete my log book test.  I turned it in, and my instructor told me to take a break while the others finished.  I ended up getting candy twice, moving my vehicle closer to the front, going to the bathroom twice, walking around the grounds, checking out the big Volvo rig, and other things.  If it was a timed test (which it's not) a fair time for completion would have been 15 minutes.  It took my other classmates a solid hour.  Then they had to have their break which lasted another 15 minutes.  So it was quite boring for me today.

They were mainly having problems with converting fractions to decimal points, and vice versa.  Now two of the guys spoke Spanish as a first langauge, so I couldn't be too tough on them.  But I thought back to my youth, and remembered doing these kinds of problems in 5th and 6th grade.  Let's be honest, it wasn't that hard.  Guess what, before the test they told you the answer to the number of hours in a day.  It's 24 for those who don't know.

Next, we had to calculate the number of hours we had worked in the last 7 and 8 days.  I found it pretty easy.  You use a calulator to add up the number of hours you worked in the last 7 and 8 days.  Again, not that hard.  I was doing most of it off the top of my head.  I finished my worksheet in 5 minutes, and then BS'ed with my instructor the rest of the time. 

At first, I was worried if I would be able to handle this training, but after today I am not worried at all about the paperwork, and written tests.  Although, once the actual driving begins, I'll see how I match up with my fellow classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment